Thursday, April 23, 2009

Declutter Day 11

I'm catching up from the last few days of decluttering. I have been working so hard to keep everything straightened up that I haven't had much time for blogging. Yesterday (Wednesday), I had to declutter our medicine cabinet in the kitchen. Since my little one had been sick, I was very frustrated trying to find all of his medicines (breathing treatments, fever reducer, cough meds, expectorant, etc.) in such a disaster. So for Wednesday, I took the time to go through the medicine shelf and organize everything again.

I use plastic containers (like those for leftovers but without the lids) to put meds in for each person in our family. My husband has daily meds that he has to take and those go out in front for easy access in one container. I have another container for our little one and then yet another for me. My container is pushed furthest back in the shelf. I tend to be the less sickly one of the bunch (or at least the one who takes the least medicine). These containers make it so easy to just grab up what you need.

The next thing I want to do is make a night nurse kit. I read about this from an email newsletter and thought it was a wonderful idea. In this kit you put everything that you would need in the middle of the night for your kids (thermometer, fever reducer, breathing meds for us, etc.). It is so hard to find a thermometer in the middle of the night and the idea is to have it all together in one place so anyone can grab it without much thought or searching. I think I will try to work on this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment