Saturday, July 18, 2009

5 Things I Can Live Without Thursday


This week has really gotten away from me. It's Saturday morning and I just realized that I hadn't done 5 Things I Can Live Without THURSDAY. So it's a little late, but here goes:

  1. scratch paper - I had given my 5 year old some old paper to use as scratch paper but he has scattered it everywhere - so I'm rethinking this and probably just going to put it in the recycle bin next time

  2. toddler undies that are too small - our little one has grown out of several pairs of his 4T undies so we have gathered up all those in that size and discarded - I knew it was time when he asked me about the "marks" they were leaving on his waste because they were too tight

  3. grease stains on shirts - I'm can't seem to get them out with anything - if you have suggestions other than those I've tried let me know (Dawn detergent, Spray and Wash, Oxy clean powder)

  4. tired feet - between working several days this week for 10 hours a day and putting up vegetables during the evening, my feet are killing me

  5. old sheets - I hate when sheets get those knobby places in them - we have thrown out several sets that were past their prime

So, what can you live without? Link or post a comment and let us know.

1 comment:

  1. Undies (cotton, I assume?) are PERFECT for dusting and floor cleaning!
    (If the thought of it feels "icky", just boil them for a few seconds, so they feel "disinfected". ;)

    The same goes for old shirts and other cotton-made garments, especially if they are white.


    BTW, have you tried "Vanish" for the stains?
    It works very well for me.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete