Most of the stuff was decorative things that I hadn't decided exactly where to use or if I wanted to use them. I also had stuff that belonged to my grandmother that has sentimental value but really doesn't go with my home.
Here's a better breakdown of what we did:
- all holiday decorations to the attic (we had Halloween and Thanksgiving and even some Christmas stuff that needed to be organized and put in one place)
- box of enamel pots (still haven't decided what to do with these - maybe on the tops of the cabinets like they were at the old house)
- sewing material and supplies (gathered these together in one place so I know where to find them) - I left the sewing machine in that closet because I don't think I have enough space for it elsewhere and it won't interfere with any of her things
- blankets and bedspreads - these were placed in two of those space bags and will be stored in the hall closet once I go through it - I was amazed at these bags and how much they shrank
- school papers from our little one - I had already gone through these and saved only the ones that were special to us - I have them in a clear box that will be stored in the top of my closet
- bed linens for the camper were returned to it
- several other items were sent to our local charity store - mismatched sheets, old picture frames, etc.
I intend to post a picture of that room when I am done (probably another day or so).